Help - pretty sure i got scammed

I’ll try to keep it brief. I made my first purchase of XLM today (small amount $150). Someone reached out to me offering to “help” me understand TW and make my first purchase. They approached me under the guise of setting it up in order to accessing the NESARA Token Wallet. For every coin purchased, you get one NESARA Token, but it must be minimum $1,000. I did not divulge any of my codes/words or anything like that, not even my email. He had me delete the original wallet (which must have deleted my original 12-word phrase and had me create a new wallet. The weird part is he had me use a 12-word phrase provided by him which he said “was needed in order to access the NESARA Tokens”. I now have this $150 XLM sitting in what I consider to be a compromised Wallet. I created a second wallet and have a new set of MY 12-word phrase for it. I am unsure if it would be safe to transfer that $150 to it and delete Wallet 1 afterwards. OR create an entirely new TW account, send the $150 to it, and then delete the original account or if that’s even possible. I know, I know, I screwed up. He was masquerading as someone I follow on Telegram (a well known political columnist) and I fell for it. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @PITA4
If you have your funds on a wallet with it’s recovery phrase provided by someone else, then your funds in it aren’t safe.
You should move them immediately to a new wallet which only you has access to.

Please read and understand this:

Learn more about how to protect your cryptos and new wallet:

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I figured that out, created a new wallet, transferred the funds immediately, verified their deposit and then deleted the first wallet. I so appreciate that you responded. How embarrassing! But, no harm, no foul, he was pushing too hard for me to do $1,000 which set my hairs on end. It’s been a long couple of hours but it’s all fixed. Thank you so much!

I’ll be sure to read all the links you attached as well. Lesson learned!