How to recover BEP20 Tokens sent to BEP20 (BSC Chain) address instead of ERC20

Dear All,

Could you help me to understand How to recover BEP20 Tokens sent to BEP20 (BSC Chain) address instead of ERC20 ?
I read a procedure in the FAQ " How to Recover BEP20 Tokens Sent to a Non-custodial Wallet, but I’m not sure that it will fit to my case as I sent the tokens on a platform (Bithumb) and not a wallet…
And moreover, I don’t understand which private key I need to get : the token private key from the sender platform or the receiving one ?
As the withdrawal was made from Trustwallet, do I need to look at the Trustwallet token private key ? and in this case where can I find it in Trustwallet ?

Thank you for your help

Since you sent it to a deposit address from an exchange, it is up to them if they can recover it and/or credit your account. Contact their customer support since they are the only ones who have access to that wallet.

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I will ask them…

In fact I made 2 mistakes, I sent the wrong token on the wrong network (only the deposit address was correct)…!

So I hope they will be able to recover them even if it was clearly mentionned that, in case of wrong tokens sent on this deposit address, thet will be unable to recover them… :unamused: :joy:

3 Likes