I transferred some crypto from my crypto dot com wallet to my trust wallet and the tokens are yet to appear in my trust wallet

Hello,
I am new to Trust Wallet and this community page. I transferred some crypto from my crypto dot com wallet to my trust wallet and the tokens are yet to appear in my trust wallet. Everything appears to have been completed successfully. I am very confused and not sure what to do as I am a beginner to crypto and not as computer savvy as probably most people on this forum. Can you help or point me in the right direction? I set up a work ticket but have only received bot replies.
Many thanks, Jon

2 Likes

Hi @jhuseire,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Please send the following information so we can understand more about your situation:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)
  2. Android or iOS version of your device (please take a screenshot and upload it)
  3. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here)
  4. Transaction hash or link
  5. Further details about the issue (please explain what you were trying to do)
  6. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)
  7. Video recording of the issue (upload it via Google Drive, then share the viewing link here, and make sure the permission is updated [example: https://i.imgur.com/o4f1ABK.png])

----
Heads up! Please be informed that we will never ask for your seed phrase; talk to you via email, WhatsApp, Telegram, or other platforms. Be vigilant against scammers and impersonators, and report them to us immediately.
----

Hello @iamdeadlyz

Many thanks for your reply. So, here is the latest – the tokens appeared in my Trust Wallet; however, I am still a bit confused.

I transferred Shiba Inu tokens from my crypto.com wallet to my newly created Trust Wallet. Crypto.com sent me various emails throughout the transfer process and everything appeared successful. One thing I noticed when reviewing the email confirmations is that they used Cronos as their Network Type. I am under the impression that Shiba Inu is an ERC20 token. So, I initially added the Shiba Inu token in my Trust Wallet, specifically the ERC20 Shiba Inu token; however, nothing appeared. Then, I played around with the add feature in Trust Wallet and noticed several Shiba Inu tokens to add, but with different labeling in the upper left hand corner of the page (i.e., ERC20, CRC20, BEP20, Avalanche). So, once I added the Shiba Inu CRC20 page, my transfer of tokens immediately appeared.

I am a beginner, but am I correct in concluding that the issue was only which Network the tokens were being moved through the block chains to get to their final destination? It’s the same Shiba Inu I have, just their are several networks one can use to move the tokens. Am I right?

Thanks again for your help!

That’s correct. Hence we put token types (and network name, if necessary) alongside the token name and ticker so the user can make sure to select the correct one before sending it to the wallet.

Good thing you explored around the wallet to learn more :smile:

A reminder to always stay safe while exploring the crypto space, have a read:

Remember that we will never ask for your seed phrase; talk to you via WhatsApp, Telegram, or other platforms. Also, we will not request fees or payments to provide you with access to your funds. Be vigilant against scammers and impersonators, and report them to us immediately. Stay SAFU!