Please, what is the difference between TOKEN and COINS

I am new to the system and i don’t really know the difference

14 Likes

I think COINS are as good as money and can use for payment, while TOKENS, though they have value, they are not considered as money, yet.

11 Likes

Huh I really don’t know the different yet

4 Likes

i think coins are mineable and token is contrect base non mineable use case is same

5 Likes

Token masih dalam airdrop koin sudah dalam market

3 Likes

Coins have their own blockchain (bitcoin, ethereum, tron, etc)
Tokens are basically coins under an already existing blockchain (ex. BNT (ETH), AWC (BNB), WIN (TRX), etc).

10 Likes

Let me explain, suppose you have an asset which was created from scratch (building own algorithm/ architecture/ mining/ consensus etc) like bitcoin in created on SHA-256 algorithm, Ethereum 2.0 will be shift to PoS (proof of stake) etc are commonly known as coin. But if your asset in built under any blockchain like BitTorrent was created in Tron network, Origin Protocol was created under Ethereum (ERC20) network are commonly known as token. Hope you understood.

12 Likes

Imagine that all coins have their own network of computers that are all working together to validate all operations, transfers, blocks creation … Those coins run on their own blockchain. Some of them, blockchains that have smart-contract feature, can issue tokens that will run on their network. Like DeFi tokens on Ethereum which use the ERC20 protocol, they are are like bricks of lego build on top of Ethereum. Tokens are easier to create than coins as infrastructure already exists, developers can focus on their own use case to develop new potential on operating networks.

7 Likes

Nice reply, one of the best I have seen here

2 Likes

Very good explanation in both above comments

2 Likes

Tokens are not only about the payments, they can play different roles. U can often face the phrase “utility token” :slight_smile:

Before moving forward Read this Carefully !!

Read it 50 times after reading u will understand why 50 times I am telling to read it and it’s worth

When I entered in trading Every body said No body makes money by trading All Lose

If all lose Where money is going

That’s what I was determined to find

Where money is going

Answer was Big player​:thinking::thinking:

Now after spending 2-3-4-5- years People are down with money

They got determined They won’t quit the loss

They learnt from some xyz trainer too

They read all books They saw all video too

But mind is filled with previous loss

They don’t get happy with 2-3-4-5 k profit every day

Because their 10 lac loss is there They believe it will take 2-3-4-5 years to recover When we will make

So they start gambling and lose more They forgetting one thing

U have spent 20 year to get a job of 20000 initially And here education is not important to u ???

Whatever u learnt in last few year

Nothing go waste

But ur Loss won’t recover In one day

But why u r forgetting one thing U have next 50 year

One lady I was talking with

She can make 5 k per day Easily. She said But my loss was 12 lac So I do more trade

Why forgetting U r 30 year old suppose 70 year u will be in this planet

Next 40 year Per day 5 k Equal to 12 lac

Next 40 year Minimum 5 crore to sure hai

After Losing money what u have learnt

A secret of a business which can give u money next 30-40-50-60-70-80 year Even in ur next generation

Where is the problem Forget the past

What u learnt is important

Tendulkar and lata Mangeshkar have not started making money from very first day

First 20 year they have learnt an skill

Then money started But Here we expect in 20 days

Moral of the story :point_down:

No loss will be recovered in one day

But u have next 50 year Don’t forget 90 percent trader lose more money in order to recover fast and This is a true fact

First 2 year I did not make any money

Because I was having something in my mind

If I learn this game even in 5-6-7 year

Then in Next 50 year What I can make

100-500-1000cr. Is it bad approach🤔

Bahubali movie took 6 year To be made 400 crore spent 6 years makers did not make a single penny Once movie released They made 2100 crore

Titanic took 7 year to be made Made 19000 crore worldwide

Can u imagine

One movie flop What happened to film maker

I always used to say

Trading and film Making is the most difficult profession in the world

So u guys are in the process of making ur Bahubali

If u believe in ur self

If u believe u r on right path

One day ur Bahubali will be released

And Money is by product U will get

Utnaaaaaaa Jitna pure khandan ne na socha hoga

Read it as much as u can

Even small profit means a lot… One more thing I would like to add i.e cut the big loss and the game is on…

2 Likes

Coin is the native asset of a blockchain,
Meanwhile token is an asset that officially created based on the native asset of a blockchain.Coin has more complex algorithm and utilities compare to token,and usually a token is can only be used in the platform that has creating it and in the blockchain platform where the token based on it.For example : BitTorrent Token (BTT) is created based on Tron (TRX) coin blockchain.

3 Likes

I believe tokens are built on blockchains such as ETH,BNB and we call them erc 20 or bep2 tokens.Coins are with their own blockchain such as BTC,LTC,BCH,XRP

Coins are stand alone cryptocurrencies that do not require another platform to run, but tokens are built on the platform of the others and they exist only on that platform.

token is money…but lunch can be paid like money at some users …

I think coin got a hight value and they considers
Them as money but token they have low value and they are not consider as money

If you ever heard LINK it is still ERC20 token, and it is still have a very good value.
I wont think all cryptos is considered money in real life due regulations in countries. But very few sellers (mostly in a community forum) already accepting USDT as a payment. (And USDT is a token built on Eth chain)

Basically

Coin is the native asset of a chain.
Token is an asset of a network that built on an existing chain. (Erc20, Bep2, Trc20, etc…)

2 Likes

From my propective token are generally a wallet owned crypto stated by a crpto wallet it’s may be one or two but coins are universally tradble and not generally a crpto wallet startup

I don’t really think there is a difference between the two

1 Like