The camera freezes regularly

The camera freezes regularly on my Xiaomi Mi 9 with MIUI Global 12.0.4 and cannot be used most of the time. No matter if I only want to scan the QR code to send coins or if I want to use Wallet Connect.

Hi @itsme,

To better assist, please provide us the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)
  2. Current Android version
  3. Video recording of the issue (you can upload it via Google drive then share the viewing link here)

Hi,

it’s the newest Trust Wallet Version from Play Store (1.27.0).
The most time the camera freezes, sometimes there is an initialisation error. I made a video with both of that. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PSySeDITD4AvAAvqEUVYZjZnl2IiqZes/view?usp=sharing

The video is inaccessible. Please enable the sharing settings to anyone with the link.

Oh, I’m sorry. It should work now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PSySeDITD4AvAAvqEUVYZjZnl2IiqZes/view

Thanks for sharing the video.

Follow up questions:

• Did you encounter any problems with camera in other apps?
  • Does the Trust Wallet app have all the necessary permissions to work with camera?

Also, please try to reboot/restart your device and try to use it again. Let me know if it works or not.

Hi, I have the same problem. Wallet connect in trust wallet freezes the camera (9 out of 10 times aprox) and leaves it unusable for the rest of the apps and phone reboot is needed every time. The camera has the permissions because as I said, it works 1 out of 10 times. Very annoying. thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Hi,

• no camera problems with other apps.
  • I checked the permissions. Trust wallet has camera permissions and all other permissions it asked for.

Rebooting doesn’t change anything. Maybe it works once, but then further times no longer. Whether I restart the phone or Trust Wallet makes no difference. The behavior is the same.

@itsme, noted. Thanks for answering.

@ljcampo, please give me the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)
  2. Current Android or iOS version
  3. Video recording of the issue (you can upload it via Google drive then share the viewing link here)
1 Like

@iamdeadlyz
There were a few updates of Trust Wallet already.
But camera is still not working.

Hi @itsme,

• What’s the current version of the Trust Wallet app now? (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)
  • What’s your Android version now as well?

I have the exact same issue. Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro.

Android version: 10 QKQ1.190825.002
MIUI: 12.0.4
Trust Wallet App Version: 1.28.1

All apps works flawless with camera. TrustWallet is the only exception.

I have the exact same issue as described by other here.

Device : Xiaomi Mi k20 Pro
Android version : 10 QKQ1.190825.002
MIUI version : 12.0.5.0
Trust Wallet App Version: 1.29.3

Looks like it’s an issue on Mi devices. Kindly fix this soon.

Hi guys. I have the same issue. but when i use VPN , Camera work pefectly :v:

Hi All,

I also have the exact same issue as described by other here, with the latest TW App!
Actually its kind of hard believe ONLY few ppl Reported this problem, coz looks like ANY versions of Xiaomi/Android/MIUI/TW Versions are NOT working, please kindly FIX it! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

NO problem with ANY Camera related Apps, permissions are also there!

“Of course” its working ALL on my Samsung Devices, like Note 4/8, S20 FE! :stuck_out_tongue:

Device : Xiaomi RedMi Note 10 PRO MAX
Android version : 11 RKQ1.200826.002
MIUI version : 12.5.4.0
Trust Wallet App Version: 1.30.21

NordVPN did NOT help, i really do NOT understood WHY would it help?! Ppl. are from different countries Reporting the SAME! :roll_eyes:

THX & BR

Hello @Kali-777 Can you record a Video of your issue (you can upload it via Google drive then share the viewing link here)

I’ve been battling with this similar problem since yesterday. Each time I tried to walletcnnect, the camera will prop open. I’m using Samsong A20 an android phone. The trust wallet version is 2.12.