Transaction with transferFrom function - Trust Wallet App - dApps

Dear memebers,

If one connects their wallet via the browser within the Trust Wallet app to a site that turns out to be fraudulent (false site) and contains a transferFrom function where all coins that you have bought from the officially site disappear but do not affect other assets, should one be worried? I guess this is called a vector attack and I wonder if the scammers can access other assets in Trust Wallet or if it’s just that currency since nothing else has disappeared? No one has the secret phrase/key.

Kindley

8 Likes

@Rollingcombo To be on a safer side, it’s advisable to create a new wallet and send out your funds there.

8 Likes

@tobi, thanks for response. Yes done that, but still need that wallet since I have a pre-sale connected to it. Any magical solution?

2 Likes

@Rollingcombo Move all your current funds out.
If it’s likely your pre sale tokens are received and not sent out to the scam then you can withdraw it.

1 Like

Hi Guys would help me plz , there was an authorize transfer to this address 0xf1120b0C652F61a4995ECDd9c0E8fb4C203854a7 / from my account , how i can refund my money , it looks like a game

@roynasra Trust wallet has no way to return, refund or cancel confirmed transactions on the blockchain.

Hi guys my crpto have been transfered from my wallet without my consent…bnb 02 ssys my acount being in pledge…what should i do?

@Vincent5 Sorry to hear about that. If you notice an unauthorized transaction on your wallet, then it is most likely compromised and you need to stop using the wallet immediately.

Please be informed that Trust Wallet is a free, decentralized app that allows users to be custodians of their crypto assets.

Anyone can create a wallet without the need for any user verification.

We have no way to identify the person who has access to a specific wallet or address.

Trust Wallet does not hold the funds. Everything is on the blockchain.

What this means is that a wallet can be accessed using a different app.

The Trust Wallet team cannot reverse, cancel, or refund confirmed transactions in the blockchain since the app is a non-custodial wallet. All transactions done in the blockchain are permanent.

It is recommended to create a new wallet and abandon the compromised one. Please make sure you downloaded and installed the legitimate Trust Wallet app on official sites, you can check here: https://trustwallet.com/

Learn more: