Trust Wallet Security Scanner - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Your questions about the Trust Wallet Security Scanner Answered

The Trust Wallet Security Scanner is designed to help make your crypto and Web3 experience safer. Below, you’ll find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Security Scanner.

What is the Trust Wallet Security Scanner and what does it do?

The Trust Wallet Security Scanner is a Trust Wallet feature that scans transaction addresses for potential risks, so you can make more informed decisions about the transactions you initiate. Each transaction is assigned a risk level, and the app proactively alerts you via a warning message. These warning messages ultimately allow you to make informed decisions about your transactions – making your crypto and Web3 experience safer.

Through our research, we find that many users are deterred by the associated risks of getting into crypto, so our goal is to reduce your risk of exposure to transactions that may result in a loss of funds. Your security is our top priority, so we encourage you to get the latest version of the Trust Wallet mobile app to take advantage of this feature.

What kinds of transactions does the Trust Wallet Security Scanner cover?

At launch, the Security Scanner will identify any risks associated with sending crypto to an address. Moving forward, the Security Scanner will support additional features including the ability to scan smart contract addresses.

How does the Trust Wallet Security Scanner know that an address is malicious or has associated risks?

We use a number of data points as well as our trusted security partners to assess the risk associated with a particular transaction. We assign a risk level, ranging from low, medium, and high – and proactively inform you of any risk so you can make informed decisions.

And although the Security Scanner makes your experience safer, you ultimately have full control of your assets and the decision on whether you want complete a particular transaction or not.

Does the Security Scanner guarantee the safety of all my transactions?

Security is at the core of everything we do at Trust Wallet. The aim of the Security Scanner is to make your crypto and Web3 experience even safer. That said, we also believe you should have true ownership and control of your assets. So you’ll be proactively alerted when the Security Scanner finds associated risk with a transaction, but you ultimately have full control to complete a transaction or not.

How do I start using the Trust Wallet Security Scanner?

As long as you’re using the most up-to-date version of the Trust Wallet Mobile App, you’ll be able to take advantage of the Security Scanner.

Get the most up-to-date version of the Trust Wallet mobile app here

Do I need to go into my wallet settings and manually turn the Security Scanner on?

The Security Scanner is an integrated part of the Trust Wallet Mobile App, so as long as you’re using the latest version of the app, you can take advantage of the security risk notifications. The goal is to proactively inform you of any associated risks with transactions, so you can make a more informed decision and keep your Web3 experience safer.

You can, however, choose to turn off the Security Scanner in Settings. Although we do not recommend this action, our aim is to give you full control.

Does the Security Scanner work with the Trust Wallet mobile app and Trust Wallet Browser Extension?

Currently, the Trust Wallet Security Scanner works with our mobile app only, but we’re working on support for the Trust Wallet Browser Extension. Follow us on Twitter @TrustWallet so you don’t miss the update!

Does the Security Scanner stop me from making transactions?

We believe you should have true ownership and control of your assets, so the Trust Wallet Security Scanner will not prevent you from making any transactions. We are giving you the best tools to make an informed decision and to help make your experience safer, but ultimately the decision to send crypto to an address or execute a transaction is ultimately up to you.

Does Trust Wallet track my transactions?

Trust Wallet does not track your transactions beyond the information you can already find on the public blockchain.

Where is Trust Wallet pulling the data from to identify risk transactions?

We use many data points as well as our trust security partners including Binance and others.

12 Likes