Used Uniswap to buy Wolverinu but no tokens in my wallet

Hi, am new trying to understand what went wrong with my swap. I used uniswap app and the token also to buy some Wolverinu coin; everything was successful but no coins ever showed up in my wallet. Am I missing a step of aproval to write to contacts or something? Thank you to anyone for helping

Hss:
0xfd548989c9725e3618dd6e3c2ec09cb72c1b0d60375f7cc403dc6dbc29e93c66

Wallet:
0xE40A94f629Df6bB90BD198f15E9277848d84d18D

When swapping tokens for the first time, you have to approve it first to be spendable. And, that is what you did just now.

Since you are done approving the token, you need to enter the amount that you want to exchange then press the swap button.

All in all, you will confirm two transactions: approve and swap

NB: Both token approval and swapping transactions needs gas fees.

Read more: What is Token Approval?

Hi thank you for writing back; I don’t understand I have used dex before to swap bnb to bnb smart chain ect. But I used uniswap app to make transactions. I did just try to put uniswap coin in dex to wolverinu but wolverinu doesn’t even show up on dex for swap. Can you please explain how I approve the swap in uniswap if that’s what I have to do. Screen shot are very helpful if you can please. Lol I losing sleep lol happy holidays

@Alex05
Please see this guide:

Hi Jenny, I saw this video on YouTube. I got a aproval from app, on hash it show success. Is their another aproval that I have to do on the etherscan? Check my hash please. 0xfd548989c9725e3618dd6e3c2ec09cb72c1b0d60375f7cc403dc6dbc29e93c66

I just want know if I got screwed, or am I missing a step to get my Wolverinu coins. Are my Eth funds not enough to complete transaction? If so there is no error message any where. Thank you so much for your help again.

@Alex05
You approved your token for swapping, you only need to follow the same process to swap it now.

Thank you Jenny I will give it a shot. So I have put the same amount of uni coin for purchase? So that means they will charge me twice; once for approval which I did already with gas fee. And now the actual swap of uni coin to wolverinu with gas fee charge.

1 Like