WalletConnect and TrustWallet Fail

I saw a similar thread, but no fix noted. I have tried to connect to several Dapps like uniswap, pancakeswap, dextools and it’s more miss than hits on getting it to connect. What can I do to get my wallet to connect? It might connect 1 out of 40 times. It appears this is a WalletConnect issue, but curious what TrustWallet might be doing to help.

8 Likes

We are having issues with wallet connect authenticating today, it was working yesterday.
has anything changed overnight?

3 Likes

@Crypto.Dajo I believe what you’re experiencing if I’m right is once you click on Trust wallet in the DAPP as your choice of wallet to connect it simply goes back to earlier page, and when you try "Wallet connect " as preferred means of connecting your wallet to DAPP it takes you to a page where you see lots of links to "wallet connect "websites which is not helpful. What I do is which might work for you too

1. I click on “wallet connect” as prefered choice of binding my Trust wallet to DAPP.
  2. When the “wallet connect” icon pops up click QR code instead if “mobile”(this is at the top of wallet connect pop up).Once the QR code shows,take a screenshot of it then go back to the “TW” app and click on setting at the bottom left ,scroll and click “wallet connect” it will automatically bring out the QR scanner ,insert the screenshot the screen will go blank ,don’t worry just go back . A pop up asking you to keep the connection (save and leave" and OK,. Click the former, click your Dapps at the bottom again and pick the initial DAPP you wanted to access and it will automatically link up. Hope this helos
1 Like

Having similar issues connecting with WalletConnect….I deleted my WalletConnect connection to try to start a new connection in hopes that would work, now I have no active connection showing and same issue. I’m assuming once TW fixed this that I will be able to make a new connection right? Can someone calm my nerves? Lol I didn’t delete my wallet just the connection. Just want to make sure everything will be there once it’s working again. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: USDT rewards not received

Is this issue still persisting for others? Assume I’m not the only one

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: XYO tokens gone after reimport

I am having continued issues today. Can’t really do anything. I tried very early this morning(3am US CT), and it worked great several times in a row (just wanted to see if it would work outside of busy hours here in US). Once I tried around 9am CT, back to inability to connect.

1 Like

same here, use trust on my iphone and 99 out of 100 times I get nothing after wallet connect connecting… in the bottom of the app. Sometimes I get a “unknown error” pop-up message later but it’s next to impossible to do anything with trust wallet like this. And yes I tried my connection, different browsers on the iphone (safari, chrome) and restarted my phone multiple times but none help.

3 Likes

Hello @weflyatnight To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Which DApp are you trying to connect.

2. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

3. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

4. Record a short video showing whole process and error then upload to Google drive and share your public links here.

1 Like

Likewise, exact same issue, and I have attempted the same fixes. Did you have a resolution?

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I cannot connect to anything. Says wallet connecting at the bottom then nothing happens.

1 Like

Here’s a new guide on how to connect WalletConnect: How to Use WalletConnect With Trust Wallet

Hi Alan,

That’s not very helpful. The normal processes that should be working are not. I was able to connect to Pancake Swap but not Pancake BUNNY today. I’ve tried multiple browsers, even on private settings, with no luck. This is incredibly frustrating and so far the “fix” I see is simply people moving their wallets to Metamask.

Exactly what @twixey says above, just “Wallet Connecting” and if you are patient enough you will end up with a “Unknown Error Occured”. This needs to be a priority.

2 Likes

@Seanneeree That’s obvious problem is with pancake Bunny not Trust Wallet as other DApps work fine. I think you should contact pancake Bunny team to update their WalletConnect version as there was issue with WalletConnect previous days ago, you can forward this tweet to them: https://twitter.com/WalletConnect/status/1419999849068564505

No it’s not! I have your same problem! I’m experiencing the same and I don’t know how to fix it. Have you find anything good ?

3 Likes

I have had the same problem with Bancor network. Bottom says wallet connecting and then disappears. No prompt for authorization appears. On Bancor site, it says log in to your dapp to authorize connection.

2 Likes