Mining pool rewards event ( IT’S A SCAM ? )

Hi all,
I like to check with support if a reward event is scam.
The url is vip-mining.top

Text within WhatApp:
Achtung USDT-BEP20 Smart Mining Nutzer. Die Erlöse des Mining-Pools wurden auf Ihre Konten oben ausgegeben, bitte melden Sie sich im Mining-Pool an, um zu überprüfen.

Any idea?
Thanks a lot

1 Like

@dirschmi That’s a scam for sure.

Hello,

I have been badly scammed by so called “Binance DeFi liquidity mining”. Naturally I have been stupid to trust these scammers, but I also trusted “Trust wallet” that nobody can make transfers without my approval. This still happened. Is there any way to prevent this happening in Trust wallet?

This is the transfer that scammers just made without my involvement.

0xcede77a09e65ea820fa812a5b01a042c05ce6809f7d392b1ad3fecba834c0763

Of course I earlier accepted to use dApp bscpool2.xyz, but had no clue if by that I gave authority to scam my money😡

No way to get my money back, I believe ?

@JTS Unfortunately that’s a scam and also it’s impossible for your tokens to be sent out unless you gave access to your wallet by giving out your seed phrase or clicking a bad link.
Please create a new wallet and stop using the compromised one.

Hi Toby,

thank you for your response. So, in practise, it is possible that by accepting dApp’s, I give full access to the outsider? I know for sure that my seed phrase was not compromised.

Crypto industry is still young, and people will do many mistakes, and those ones who are experienced can ruthlessly utilize this for many kinds of scams.

I wish Trust wallet would also start utilizing more advanced security steps, like SMS/email confirmations and third party authenticator confirmations to prevent these to happen. Crypto exchanges, banks etc. already have these in place, and even they don’t prevent everything, it will limit for sure this kind of scams caused by unawareness of the people.

At the moment I believe that only way for me is to stop using these crypto wallets as it is so easy to click a link accidentally, without knowing the consequences and after that I have given full control for somebody else.

br,
John

@JTS Yes it is possible for your wallet to be accessed if you click on a bad link. Please go through the guide below to enlighten better on ways to avoid this:

In my opinion security of the Trust wallet is still not well defined. One can easily get an understanding that as long as you keep your secret phrase secret, nobody can access your wallet and transfer your money. This gives extremely wrong security feeling. It should be very much highlightet that by any link you click or any dApp you use, you provide potentially full access to your wallet and all your funds can be transferred out from your wallet without any kind of approval needed from your side.

@JTS You most likely connected your wallet to a phishing link and approved a transaction from there.

Hi Tobi, I’m new here, it feel weird to talk about wat happend…. I got scammed too, same as @JTS through What’s app. Different mining pool thou. web3bnb14.top
Anyways I am replying cause it bothers me that you, I mean trust wallet, give your users the fake safe feeling that as long as you don’t give out your seed phrase your wallet is safe.
Which clearly ain’t the case… as I never gave out my seed phrase, the only thing I’ve done wrong is to click on a link in the WhatsApp message that linked to a “trust wallet mining pool page” within the he trust wallet browser.

So I think it is trust wallet’s responsibility to get their system more secure.
I will not use trust wallet anymore, because of this experience.
Neider will I recover my lost funds. Although I m still searching (and hoping) for a way to do get the sum back I was so stupid to invest in this scam (and with shame-red cheeks I confess it’s about € 55.000 that I lost)……

1 Like

@swennen There is a warning not to give out your seed phrase out and it’s also known not to click bad links or unknown links as that could compromise your wallet.