My ticket is yet to be responded to

My ticket i opened on Monday 24th is yet to responded and I’m very worried about it, i want ticket attended to. Thank you.

Hello @Chinixx
Can you explain in details what ticket you’re referring to?

I opened a ticket on the category of “unauthorised illegal transfer of crypto assets” in which i gave every details required for process but I’m yet to get a feedback

@Chinixx There is nothing we can do regarding stolen funds unfortunately.
Please be informed that Trust Wallet is a free, decentralized app that allows users to be custodians of their crypto assets.

We have no way to identify the person who has access to a specific wallet or address.

Trust Wallet does not hold the funds. Everything is on the blockchain.

What this means is that a wallet can be accessed using a different app.

The Trust Wallet team cannot reverse, cancel, or refund confirmed transactions in the blockchain since the app is a non-custodial wallet. All transactions done in the blockchain are permanent.

It is recommended to create a new wallet and abandon the compromised one.
Learn more:

Please can you confirm if this is the official support email from trust wallet :point_down::point_down:

[email protected]

Yes, [email protected] is the official support email from Trust Wallet

Sounds interesting, because i received an email from the official trust wallet support to explain what transpired on my complaint ticket i submitted on monday and give additional details on my unauthorised transfer of my Crypto assests in which i was told it will be investigated.

@Chinixx If you have received a mail from that email above, then please kindly wait for their response/ feedback.