We had to remove the decentralized application (DApp) browser from Trust Wallet on iOS. This was required to comply with new App Store Guidelines and to continue offering and improving our services on iOS.
Before we get into more detail, here are the important points:
- Your funds are safe.
- This change only impacted those on iOS that installed the update after June 22. Android users will be unaffected.
- You can keep using DApps
How to keep using DApps
If you still want to use the DApp browser there are a few ways around this problem for you:
Create a backup of your wallet before doing any of the following suggestions.
- The simplest option, if available to you, is to use the Android version of Trust Wallet.
- Get the Test Flight version that has a DApp browser enabled. Backup your wallet, remove the currently installed version and install this or this.
- Access DApps using WalletConnect by following this guide.
- If you only have one device, check if the DApp has mobile linking enabled.
- Turn off app updates to keep the current version of Trust Wallet with the DApp browser. This is the least recommended option for users. Proceed at your own risk.
Why the DApp browser was removed
As a mobile wallet our application must comply with the guidelines of the app stores. After submitting a Trust Wallet update for review with Apple we received communication that the new build did not comply with App Store guidelines, specifically App Store Review Guideline 4.7.
In order to continue updating the iOS version of Trust Wallet, allowing us to bring new features to iOS, we had to remove the DApp browser from the iOS version of Trust Wallet.
What if I have assets in DApps?
If you’ve been interacting with DApps using Trust Wallet on iOS, all of your funds and collectables will be exactly as you left them. That’s the beauty of blockchain technology. Your wallet doesn’t hold your assets, it’s just a gateway to access them. By importing your wallet elsewhere, such as into Trust Wallet on Android, you will be able to continue interacting with your favourite DApps like nothing has changed.
Just like you, we are gutted that we had to make this change, but it’s necessary for the future development of our wallet. At the end of the day, our vision is to make it easier to buy, hold and use cryptocurrency. We need to be able to update our app to realize this vision.