We’re removing the decentralized application (DApp) browser from Trust Wallet on iOS. This is required to comply with new App Store Guidelines and to continue offering and improving our services on iOS.
Before we get into more detail, here are the important points:
- Your funds are safe.
- This change will only impact those on iOS that install the upcoming update. Android users will be unaffected.
- We are aiming to release the new update to iOS users in early June. Regardless of the actual release date, the next Trust Wallet update on iOS will remove the DApp browser.
- You can keep using DApps
How to keep using DApps
If you still want to use the DApp browser there are a few ways around this problem for you:
- The simplest option, if available to you, is to use the Android version of Trust Wallet.
- You can use a Beta build via Test Flight that includes the DApp browser, such as this or this.
- Turn off app updates to keep the current version of Trust Wallet with the DApp browser.
Why the DApp browser is going
As a mobile wallet our application must comply with the guidelines of the app stores. After submitting a Trust Wallet update for review with Apple we received communication that the new build did not comply with App Store guidelines, specifically App Store Review Guideline 4.7.
In order to continue updating the iOS version of Trust Wallet, allowing us to bring new features to iOS, we must remove the DApp browser from the iOS version of Trust Wallet.
When will this change happen?
We will submit the latest Trust Wallet update to Apple after removing the DApp browser. Once it is approved we will be able to release it. We expect to release the new update in early June.
What if I have assets in DApps?
If you’ve been interacting with DApps using Trust Wallet on iOS, all of your funds and collectables will be exactly as you left them. That’s the beauty of blockchain technology. Your wallet doesn’t hold your assets, it’s just a gateway to access them. By importing your wallet elsewhere, such as into Trust Wallet on Android, you will be able to continue interacting with your favourite DApps like nothing has changed.
Just like you, we are gutted that we have to make this change, but it’s necessary for the future development of our wallet. At the end of the day, our vision is to make it easier to buy, hold and use cryptocurrency. We need to be able to update our app to realize this vision.