USDT cloud mining scam help needed

Hi Tobi, thank you for your advice.
When i make a new wallet, do i need my old seed phrase? Or make a complete new one?
What is the next step to retreive the goods?

Best regards, Dustin

2 Likes

@Dustin You need to create a new wallet and delete the old one.
Also your funds are most likely gone as whoever compromised your wallet sent them out already.

1 Like

Dear @Tobi and @Dustin ,
I am also in a Binance liquidity mining pool and received very generous amounts of apr each day until the following error occured:

I tried to swap USDT (26) on BEP20 to ETH using Trust wallet swap service via ThorChain, I did not received any ETH as part of the swap but instead all my USDT (~ 5641) was withdrawn … Might this be an error in the smart contract or why did this happen? (I swapped before on Trust wallet but never had an issue before)

Details:

The Adresse whch received my USDT =
0xed550fF29Fdd6e11d26755fa8CeE66E07718181E

This is my USDT Adresse for Binance chain network=
0x1D7BCB455C833b72A0D0cFb6e63f893B28326aE6

Thank you for your kind support and sorry for the inconvenience!
Kind regards
Okan

1 Like

@Molekel44 That sounds like a scam and seems you gave access to your wallet which led to your assets being sent out without your approval.
I would advise you to create a new wallet and stop using the compromised wallet.

1 Like

Dear @Tobi ,
thank you for your fast and helpful reply. Exactly I didn’t gave my approval for this transaction, but how do I know that ThorChain the involved swapping plattform was not the party which withdraw my USDT but this “Binance scmaming team”?

And yes I already sent all my other assets to a new wallet!
Thank you very much for your kind support!
Kind regards

1 Like

@Molekel44 Your wallet was most likely compromised by the scam website you interacted with.
You should take note there is nothing like a Binance liquidity mining pool.
Always ensure to double check and do your research next time.

1 Like

@Tobi are you currently trying to restore my last USDT? Since I got an email from your account? However is it really necessary to give you my seed phrase and have a minimal balance amount of 1000 USDT to recover my funds?

Sorry but seems very suspicious to me, can you please confirm that you send this to me?
Kind regards

1 Like

@Molekel44 No that is not me sorry, I would never contact you via email or anywhere else.

1 Like

Okay, yes saw in time a post in the community about this scamming email adresse:

[email protected]

In general regarding my case, I contacted early on [email protected] … do they actually reply to direct inquiries?
Because based on what the tobi scam address said I just wondered if thereotically trust wallet could refund/restore me my lost USDT (still hard to accept that they are gone …)

Thank you for your great support I highly appreciate it!
Kind regards

1 Like

@Molekel44 You need to be patient if you have contacted the support team, please that email you sent first is in no way affiliated with me.
Only official mail is [email protected]

1 Like

Hi,

Like a lot of people here I too have been taken in by these scammers contacting us via WhatsApp claiming to be representatives of Binance here to help you setup and connect to Mining Pool accounts.

I am fully aware that it the users of the Trust wallet responsibility to be vigilant and do their diligence before connecting to anything.

I am curious is there nothing that Binance/Trust wallet can do to prevent scammers from using and developing websites on the platform for the sole purpose of scamming Trust Wallet users?

2 Likes

@Hoojm There’s not much that can be done to prevent such websites to be created but extra vigilance from Trust wallet users.

1 Like

I have had the sane issue with the so called Binance DeFi mining projects who promised huge daily returns. I tried to send my funds to my Binance account somehow it was intercepted and never reached. I suppose they automatically diverted it to their wallet. Question is - is there any solution?

1 Like

@weltigi That’s 100% a scam, there is nothing like a Binance mining pool.
I’d advise you to create a new wallet and stop using the current wallet as it is most likely compromised.

1 Like

Thanks Tobi. Is there anyway to rescue the funds. I have the wallet address they sent to. Can Trust wallet do anything?

1 Like

@weltigi No unfortunately not, your funds are most likely gone.

1 Like

Thanks Tobi - But what I don’t understand is how would Trustwallet allow funds to be redirected to another address? Shouldn’t there be some security mechanism?

1 Like

Hi Tobi- Now I am getting an obviously fake email from you.

From [Removed]

That’s not you correct?

1 Like

@weltigi Trust wallet is decentralized meaning you have full control over your assets. If your wallet is compromised, whoever has your keys would also have full access to your wallet.
Also that email is not mine and a scam, I would not chat to you via email or privately.

1 Like

I had the same and my wallet was full with USDT BEP20 8350, I can still get to the mining account but it says locked and still my wallet address is there to withdraw but as it is locked it is not possible to withdraw.
I saw already that this was going wrong and tried to swap my funds to BNB BNB Smart chain but it gave me the error Smart Contract Call. When I check the trustwallet site how to revoke the wallet it says to go to this site “[Revoke all the addresses that can spend your tokens - Support & Feedback / English” - Trust Wallet]I cannot add links so you need to check in the community.trustwallet revoke-all-the-addresses-that-can-spend-your-tokens/231479
First link that d app is not working anymore and I usedas i cannot use the complete link I do not include the first part of the link /app.unrekt.net in trustwallet and I thought I revoked ok as I followed the steps needed and it was mentioned revoked, and my ballance was in there at that time but after 30 minutes my account balance was empty. and got to this one as mentioned 1 time above as well 0x64213F4fD818aA27095f53490c51E2Af68b94E07

why did the revoke not go ok then? and where they able to get my account empty? My address is 0x54f9600875a106728A79ffB2017C1C7D41514A1a

1 Like