Why should you use Trust Wallet?
Trust Wallet was released to the public over a year ago. It was a simple and reliable ERC20 Wallet that allows you to store Ethereum and ERC20 tokens. Trust Wallet introduced this cool feature to “automagically” show any ERC20 token a user owned inside their Ethereum Wallet. A lot has changed since then, but the team’s core mission has always remained the same: make crypto more accessible
Read on: What is Trust Wallet?
Here’s 7 reasons why 1M+ Android users downloaded Trust Wallet:
1. It is safe and secure
- We never access our users’ wallets.
- We never ask for or require any personal information.
- We offer a client-side security model with private keys hosted locally.
- We focus on building simple to use, intuitive interfaces.
With this in mind, we always strive to be a leader in innovation. Here are some key examples:
- We use commonly accepted and recognized standards to ensure that keys can be used with other services.
- We leverage industry-leading security features found in modern smartphones to ensure your wallet is safe at all times. We only store private keys locally.
- We allow for the wallet to be easily recovered from a backup that can be stored digitally or on paper.
2. It is user friendly and feature packed
Trust Wallet is very easy to use and understand, with both an intuitive user interface and a whole lot of useful features designed with the user in mind. We tend to make things as simple as possible, and to always put user experience first.
Besides the usual sending and receiving of coins/token, we are adding more features that will drive the future of Decentralized Finance. This includes access to DApps, Staking, Lending/Borrowing and Decentralized Exchanges (DEX).
Wallet Connect, one of the recent features released by the team, is an open protocol for connecting desktop DApps to mobile wallets using end-to-end encryption.
3. It is accessible and free
Anyone with a mobile device or tablet can get the Trust Wallet app. It is available on both iOS and Android platforms. No installation limits, you can even have it on multiple devices. It is completely free to use and does not need any kind of subscription. No registrations or forms to fill out. Your personal data stays with you.
The only thing your wallet will be charged is a gas fee when you send transactions. This fee is paid to miners like on the Ethereum network or in some Proof-of-Stake chains that require a small fee to process your transaction. Trust Wallet does not collect any fees and we do not have access to any funds you have on the wallet.
Here are the download links for both platforms:
App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/trust-ethereum-wallet/id1288339409
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wallet.crypto.trustapp
4. We encourage collaboration
- We provide a codebase that is audited by a community of security experts.
- Full transparency to view the source code and see how we handle data on the client side. We do not store any private information.
- We allow other developers to build wallets on top of Wallet Core that is open sourced. We know that working together as a community is better for everyone.
Here are some of the links that any developer can look into:
5. It is permissionless
Cryptocurrency exchanges and some online trading platforms store digital currency for you and provide accounts and balances.
With currency storages like Trust Wallet, you will have full access to your funds anytime, anyplace and you can transact freely wherever cryptocurrencies are accepted. By allowing you to keep a digital representation of coins and tokens (“keys”) to yourself, mobile wallets give you full security and control over your portfolio.
6. It is Blockchain agnostic
Blockchain agnostic means that it is a single platform that allows multiple different chains.
Here are some of the major coins/tokens that Trust Wallet supports:
- Ethereum (ETH), including all ERC20 tokens
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Tron (TRX), including TRC10 and TRC20 tokens
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Cosmos (ATOM)
- Binance Coin (BNB), including BEP2 tokens
And we are not done yet - more coming soon.
To see the entire list of blockchains supported check our Assets page.
7. We aim for mass adoption
“Letting people buy cryptocurrency with a credit card or bank account is essential for crypto adoption” said our Founder Viktor Radchenko earlier this year. We already support card purchases and we are currently working with other providers to get more ways to purchase crypto and store them on your wallets.
And just recently, another step towards mass adoption has been made available through Trust Wallet: Ethereum Name Service (ENS) is Now Supported which allows you to replace those daunting long addresses with easy to remember names.